Madonna Is On Top… Again!
Madonna has returned for the 8th time to the top of the Billboard’s Pop Charts with MDNA selling 359,000 albums according to Neilsen Soundscan and is the biggest selling first week debut this year. MDNA is The Material Girl’s fifth No. 1 studio album in a row and her first album for Interscope Records.
On the Billboard Dance Club Play Charts, Madonna remains queen of the clubs with two song from MDNA in the Top Ten including “Girls Gone Wild” which has gone to No. 4 and is the “greatest gainer” for the last three weeks. Her first dance hit from MDNA “Give Me All Your Luvin” after going to No. 1 remains in the Top Ten in the No. 8 spot.
- MDNA debuted No. 1 on iTunes Charts in 40 countries and had the biggest one day pre sale on iTunes by any artist in history.
- Madonna’s “Girls Gone Wild” video is her most viewed video on YouTube with 32 million views.
- Barbra Streisand is the only other female to have more No. 1 albums (9) according to Billboard’s Keith Caufield.
- In the UK, the MDNA album puts Madonna in a league of her own. MDNA’s No. 1 spot gives Madonna the most No. 1 albums of all time in the UK (12) by a solo artist – surpassing Elvis Presley. The Beatles are the only artists who have had 15 No. 1 albums in the UK.
- In Japan, MDNA is her 22nd Top Ten album passing The Beatles record of 19 Top Ten albums in Japan. MDNA entered their Oricon international charts at No. 1 and the combined Oricon Charts at No. 4.
To celebrate the first week’s success with her millions of fans, Madonna will be live on Twitter tomorrow, Wednesday, the 4th of April at 10:00 pm. The link is: @MadonnaMDNAday.